Tuesday, October 18, 2011

From Trash to Treasure -- Literally



Found this very old dresser on big trash day in my neighborhood. It was so heavy, but somehow the kids and I managed to lug it home hanging out of my trunk. It took a lot of cleaning, sanding, and Modge Podge, but I think it turned out pretty cute. Note to self: Don't ever try to wallpaper.

Sophie has a Parisian themed room, so it now holds her "stuff". You know the "stuff" you would love to get rid of when your child is spending the night at someones house? Surely, she won't miss ticket stubs, 100's of jelly bracelets, stickers, bits of this and that -- right?? Well, Sophie would.
So now it is housed in a funky dresser that she helped to create. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers