Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blast From the Past

Sophie was over the moon with her latest and greatest Halloween costume this year - "80's Girl".  I catch myself referring to the eighties as if it were The Golden Age of my life.  My husband and I were kids and teens during this decade, so I feel like were are experts in all things eighties.  I start my sentences with, "We would of never shown our midriffs in the 80's."  or "We would of never left the house without makeup in the 80's".  Sophie must think of the 1980's as a magical time, where the people were fully made up to the nines everyday, and life was like a Molly Ringwald movie.  Maybe it was -- I'm not too sure, my memory is not as sharp as it used to be -- mostly due to the chemical warfare that I endured with my excessive grooming, ie Aqua Net.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers