Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pinterest Project #4



Go Big or Go Home!

I am in the process of painting an accent wall in our Gameroom/Homeschool room.  The great news is that it is a bright, big, airy room with a big window that breaks up the wall.  If it wasn't this accent wall would be way too dark and goth!  I am using RUST-OLEUM Chalk Board paint in black.  I was going to mix up a homemade version of chalk board paint, because I needed alot for such a large wall, and it was expensive.  When I went to Home Depot to buy the materials needed for my concoction, the price had been reduced to $9.98 for 30 oz. so I just bought two cans.  I am still on can #1, it has a very thin consistency,( a little goes a long way.)  I used a brush at first, but I am going to switch to a roller. I will post the finish project soon and give you the scoop on the coverage.  I am going to apply a few coats for good measure.  My kids have started to draw and write with chalk on it and it looks really cool!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers