Monday, May 18, 2009

Betty Boop


This picture is from a Halloween Party that Brad and I had in 1995. I dressed up as a call girl -- I mean Betty Boop and Brad was an explorer. I hate this pic because it appears as if I am giving the camera the finger -- but I'm not. My hand just looks wonky in this picture -- that's all. This party was at our first house in Tomball and was way before kids. I love Halloween and wanted to throw the best bash ever -- so I begged my neighbors across the street to let me use their garage to store our living room furniture so that we would have a big empty space to dance in. I hired a DJ who was set up upstairs on the balcony and then I covered all of the white carpet (1995 and no kids remember?) with this black plastic liner covered in glow paint to protect the floor.

To keep the neighbors from freaking out -- I hand delivered invitations to them personally inviting them -- and most of them actually came. It was a great party -- to say the least. The party lasted until the wee morning hours, but by 11am the next day I was busy cleaning up the aftermath of the Halloween Bash of '95 -- when a neighbor who did not come to the party, stopped by to inform me that his token tree in his well manicured yard, had a pair of underwear and panties hanging high in the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers