Thursday, May 7, 2009

Judgment Call

So the other morning I was in a huge rush trying to get out of the house to take the kids to school. I had about 3 extra seconds before we had to sprint out the door -- so I took the liberty to scrape off a breakfast plate full of uneaten waffle pieces saturated in syrup into the trash. While scraping the plate one waffle piece went rogue and slipped into my shoe (these stupid ballet flats that I have that make my feet look like a 3 yrold's ) there was just enough room on the side of the shoe for the food to slip in and then I made another move and it was in my shoe -- officially. I had to make a judgment call -- should I take my shoe off and dispose of the sticky waffle piece and go wash my foot off and wipe my shoe out? This would cause us to be late for sure -- we really push it when it comes to the morning routine -- we are always like one minute from being tardy. I decide there was no time for cleanliness and that as a mother I could suffer with the waffle foot until my kids were safely at school and on time.

The day goes on and I get busier and busier until about maybe 2 in the afternoon when I decide to take off the stupid looking baby shoes and put on flip flops. Yes, the waffle piece fell out upon the removal of my shoe, and before I could bend down to pick it up and throw it away -- my Yorkie, Cally, comes by and snatches it up and eats it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers