Friday, June 12, 2009

Scary Stuff

Last week we had Sophie's Birthday Party at the Aquatic Center here in Brenham. It is a great place with water slides, fountains, big pool etc... It was sooooooooooooo hot, if you were not swimming. I honestly thought I would catch on fire in the sun. Of course I was dressed with make up on, hair somewhat presentable and my over sized sunglasses, (that smush my fat cheeks when I wear them.) After a two hour party in the Africa like hotness, and Vietnam like humidity, I was sweaty to say the least. This little girl, a younger sister of one of Sophie's friends, came up to me and said, "Hey, I don't even know what you look like underneath those big glasses. Take them off so I can see your face." I warned her, "Well, Mrs. Tina is very sweaty and hot, so I don't really look all that great when I take off these glasses but here ya go."

So I took off the sunglasses. Sweat pours out, like I have just released the water from a dam or something. I can feel the big marks that have formed on my fat cheeks from the over sized lenses and can only imagine what that must look like to a child.

She looked at me, and jumped back, and flinced. She was actually horrified, and then she said really loudly "EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers