Monday, June 15, 2009

The Zoo Campout


Sophie's Brownie Troop and I went to the Houston Zoo over the weekend for a camp out. It was like 115 degrees that day, so the zoo took pity on us and let us camp out in the auditorium in the super cold air conditioning. My camera was acting up like the bad kid on the bus, so my clips and pictures are terrible.

We had the zoo all to ourselves at night when it closed, and we went on a private tour with our guide with a flashlight. The zoo is freakin' dark at night. The animals are out and about then too, it was one of the coolest things I have ever done, and was worth the heat and sleep deprivation and the migraine that would not quit. In the morning, we had another tour before the zoo opened to the public, but the animals weren't as active. Why? Well, it was already 90 degrees by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers