Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Helicopter Parent Rides Again

Griffin's class had a Christmas tree decorating contest during December. He was given a cardboard cut out of a plain green tree, and was told to decorate it with beads, beans, paints, glitter -- the usual. I gave Griffin the supplies to decorate his trees and let him be. After it was decorated and he was asleep -- I back lit that thing with battery operated Christmas lights and mounted it on foam core to hold it all in place -- it even had an on/off switch. It rocked. When I showed him what I did the next morning before school. He replied "I had a feeling you would'nt leave it alone."

FYI -- he won!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers