Sunday, March 8, 2009

French Fry Fiasco

Yesterday I went to Austin to help my brother move, that's another posting all together, I found myself making a run to the old house to clean and gather up the brick a brack that wasn't packed. I was alone, having left my kids at the new house with their new Aunt. I was STARVING. Everyone had already eaten at lunch time but I opted to keep working through lunch. Big mistake -- I know, so I ran to Burger King and bought a Whopper Jr. with fries. Now I haven't eaten french fries since, well it's been awhile. I thought, "Live it up -- you deserve these little heart disease sticks -- you've earned it."

One thing you must know, I am addicted to salt. I try so hard not salt food -- I really do, except when it comes to french fries. I realized that I did not ask for salt -- and let's face it, Burger King is no Sonic. They don't give you any condiments unless you ask for them. As I am driving back to the house -- I started to think that "surely there is some kind of salt in your car -- from fast food of the past." Especially from Sonic -- those mints and salt packets are everywhere in my car. Without looking -- I reach in the little storage pocket-thing on the inside bottom portion of my driver's side door. I use my fingers to sort through the old straw wrappers, paperclips and dried up wipes of the past -- and finally find what I think is a Sonic salt packet. I tear it open and sprinkle the entire packet all over my fries. I get in the house, sit on the floor for my yummy little picnic -- alone. I am about halfway through my meal when I start to realize that my fries taste like I am eating them at the beach. Gritty, sandy and no taste -- especially not salty. I then look down inside the Burger King bag and look closely at the salt packet. It was a silica packet. I had eaten half of the fries already!!! S#@$!

I call my husband -- who had just got in from his office and was at our house in Brenham. I told him the story -- and he went on the Internet to find out if death was eminent for me. Come to find out, it's basically harmless. If you eat a shoe box full of the stuff -- you would have a stomach ache and dry mouth. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers