Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Texas


This past weekend, I took the kids to Washington on the Brazos State Park for Texas' B-Day. It was a day filled with Texas history and even a Texas size birthday cake that my kids are chowing down on in the pic above. We listened to lectures, saw Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin and our State Rep. Lois Kolkurst. It was a fun day, but it made me come to the realization of my true feelings about being a Texan. It's like complaining about your kids or husband to one of your girlfriends -- you can say all of the s#@*t you want to, but if they say something negative about them -- you will kick their a%*! Most of the time I wish I lived in another state -- I really do. I'm like a fish out of water here . I don't tan. I hate Country music . I do not drive a truck. I could on and on. If someone from somewhere else talked s*%$t about Texas I would cut them. (Not really, but I'd talk about them behind their backs -- I'm certain of that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We live where they put the "country" in country club in a 70's ranch -- the appliances and I share the same birthday!

Followers